The transept case, designed by Arthur Hill
The chancel case, designed by H. A Prothero
All Saints' stunning apse
Looking east from the west end of the nave
Great organ pipework
Dulciana bass pipes with the 1953 Octave Wood extension visible on the right
Basses of the Trombone and Double Diapason stops
Mouths of the Pedal Violone pipes
Basses of the Pedal Violone
Pedal organ pneumatic slider-machine
G# - B of the Double Diapason
F - G of the Double Diapason
Split leather visible on one of the ribs of this reservoir (which supplies the Pedal Trombone and Double Diapason)
This reservoir is in relatively good condition, others in the organ are literally held together with duct tape!
Temporary repairs on another of the reservoirs
The reservoir in located beneath the organ in the blower room. As you can see, it is held together with duct tape!
Part of a recently re-leathered reservoir.
This reservoir failed catastrophically in 2018 and was releathered in order to keep the organ playing.
Weights on the Tuba/Tromba reservoir
"W H" = William Hill
Yet more pneumatic tubing.
Before the conversion to Electro-Pneumatic action in 1953, there were miles and miles of tubing like this running throughout the organ.
Pneumatic tubes for the Swell Wald Flute stop, which was added later on a chest above the Vox Humana, at the back of the Swell box
Choir organ pipework (# side)
Choir organ pipework (C side)
Swell organ pipework
The Swell Wald Flute, on a chest above the Vox Humana at the back of the Swell box
Change-over machine for the Tromba
This converts the electrical signals from the console into pneumatic "puffs" of air which inflate motors that open the pallets and admit air to the pipes
Power motors on the Tromba chest
Pneumatic tubing (from the change-over machine) visible below
Redundant ventil for the Tromba chest
A patch is visible on the left where the original leather had perished
Part of the "purse" action for the Choir organ - another part of the organ's action that has only been partially converted from Tubular-Pneumatic to Electro-Pneumatic.
These will be replaced with lever-arm magnets when the organ is rebuilt
Another view of the change-over machine for the Tromba
Ventil for the Swell Wald Flute stop
Yet more pneumatic tubing
Solo organ pipework
from left to right:
Tuba, Clarinet, Celeste, Orchestral Oboe, Gamba
The Tromba, which is at the very top of the organ chamber, behind the rest of the Great organ
Bass pipes of the Tromba stop which have been damaged over time
Repairs to one of the Tromba pipes
Bottom C of the Tromba stop which is collapsing under its own weight